Saturday, June 17, 2017

New Zealand Trip: Day 1: 13 hours flight > YHA Hostel > Viaduct Harbour



Hi, its been few months I have abandoned my blog
but don't worry, this time might need around few months for me to finish my recent travel trip
I guessed I will try my very best to update my trip articles as soon as possible whenever I free.

and yes, you did not see wrong, 
I just came back from NEW ZEALAND, one of the country I was craved to go since few years ago
and this year I have fulfilled it and tick it Yes, I have went to New Zealand !

The flight duration from Malaysia to New Zealand will be around 13 hours including transit at Gold Coast, Australia.
If you followed my blog quite a long time, you should know that I am a budget traveller
and yes my flight was AIR ASIA again.

It cost around RM 1528.48 including 12kg of luggage checked in per person
As we want to save cost, we bought 60kg of luggage (5 pax) checked in only when going (equally 12kg per person)
But we bought 100kg of luggage checked in while we backed from New Zealand (equally 20kg per person) , as you know we need to shop and bring back our shopping items from travelled country right. haha

Queuing for Checked in Luggage at KLIA 2 

Thank god my seat was located at the end of the plane and is only 2 seated at the side of the plane
Quite convenient for me to in and out from the toilet as 2 seated is super convenient indeed

13 hours flight was quite long you know
and the sun rise view from the plane is awesome

This view caught my eye as I was reaching to Gold Coast soon.

Once we reached Gold coast, we had to let their security team to scan our bags and individually
Then you just have a little time for toilet pee and refill your water again after a long queue
and yes, once you refilled your water, you have to board to the plane again
The time for us to stay at Gold Coast was around 1 hour but the time used on queuing up for security scanning and refill water had used up the one hour just like this. But is okay, is not too rush for me, the timing was like just right on time.


Luckily we still able to capture a nice family photo before boarding at Gold Coast, Australia

For your information, the time zone difference between the local current time in New Zealand and Malaysia is 4 hours , therefore, New Zealand is 4 hours earlier than Malaysia.
When we reached New Zealand, the Auckland International Airport, 
the sky at there was getting dark and the sun set soon.

By the way, I was happy to see a different sky view at here, 
their sky is awesome beautiful !
Look at the color, is pink color when their sun is set.

Oh ya, when we arrived at Auckland International Airport, 
we were looking for the car rental company which named APEX
(We had booked previously before we arrived)
Then the APEX company will fetch us to their nearest branch and make payment and finish the registration process


Since three of my friends came to NZ also, so we decided to travel together for the first 3 days in NZ
The company provided van for us and it was big enough as we had total of 8 person
The car rental cost NZD 47  ( RM141) for 2 days in Auckland

While on the way heading to the accommodation we stay, we passed by a happening street
which was full of Chinese restaurants along the road.
so we decided to stop by and had our dinner at here,
supposing should be our lunch in Malaysia but the time at there was 7pm already
so we considered that meal as our dinner as well.


We tried Mc Donald first, I tried this chocolate pie
It cost NZD 2 ( RM6)
I think apple pie would be better XD
The chocolate pie taste weird thou.


While heading to the restaurant, I was attracted by a car appearance 
and I praised the car : Wow, this car is super pretty !
Then my friend told me that: Is your dream car what , Maserati !
Omg I didn't even realized it was MASERATI 
I was so excited that I met my dream car in NZ and asked my friend to help me capture with it.
muahahah

Our gang split to two for dinner to save the time consume
and yep I followed my 3 friends and we had the warmest dinner on that night

We walked into a Chinese restaurant and waited for almost 20 minutes to get our turn

Egg Fried Rice

Spicy Mushroom

Sour and Spicy soup

Fried Egg with vegetables

Spicy House
Address557 Dominion Rd, Mount Eden, Auckland 1041, New Zealand
Hours

Open today · 12PM–4AM


The first 2 nights we stayed in Auckland YHA HOSTEL
It is super clean and convenient hostel which situated near to the city area
They provide big kitchen utilities for the accommodates to cook and seasonings too
Sometimes, the accommodates will leave their food here and put at FREE FOOD ZONE
so we can use the FREE FOOD to cook to avoid any wastage of food at here

Example like, you need butter to make a pancake
and FREE FOOD ZONE did left butter at there,at the right time we just use the butter from there and put back to the FREE FOOD ZONE after used so we not need to buy any butter purposely for a pancake.

The kitchen utilities are fully equipped and it is far more better than the kitchen utilities in an apartment we rent. 

YHA dining area and sometimes they used to read books at here

We booked 4 bed shared female in a room and 4 bed shared male in a room which total of 8 beds for 8 of us. 
The room is clean and toilet is situated at outside,
the toilet is categorized as female toilet and male toilet so we feel much more secure at here.


The price per night was NZD 38 (RM114/pax) 
Pre book cost higher than booking on the spot, when we ask the price on the spot,
it cost only NZD 31 (RM93)
You can choose others kind of room which cost a little more higher too such as private double room
but trust me, their facilities are sufficient for us and we can know more friends by staying here. haha
You know, social is quite important when we travel,
just ask anything we doubt about and sometimes their answers would help us to reduce our trouble.

We went to Viaduct Harbour at night
It is a place which full of pubs and bars and the local used to be socializing at here with their friends
It is quite similar to the Clarke Quay in Singapore


It was not as happening as in Clarke Quay as the population in NZ is small
But somehow, there was something that caught my attention at here
The lighting human dancing and entertaining at Viaduct Harbour





Their significant tower - SKY CITY TOWER
Since it was winter time, guess many people choose to stay at home instead of coming out
I found a good angle and let my camera to stand and yup
Took picture with the magnificent sky tower.

Yo, my friends ! 
still got one more friend to intro in coming post


Some advices for those who going to New Zealand :
1. Team up a gang to go instead of couple of 2
2, At least 2-3 of your friends who going with you know how to drive confidently
3. Don't pre book any entrance fees or day tours or even accommodation 

Maybe you will ask WHY ???  but let me explain to you in the upcoming post
STAY TUNED for DAY 2 in New Zealand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me something before u leave.

Koh Lipe 4d3n Itinerary 2018

Hola, I am back after have been busying with works for almost 4 months. Gonna update my blog with my Koh Lipe 4d3n trip as well. I went to ...