Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New Zealand Trip: Day 5 Lake Tekapo> Lake Pukaki> Mt Cook


Before starting my Day 5 NZ post, let me offer you guys an epic picture which I took in Mt Cook
The Jumping Girl 
LOL
It is not easy to take this kind of picture and the photographer need to take this picture with correct timing when I jump, so usually he count 1,2,3 and I jump
So proud of myself that I able to take this pic successfully within 2 minutes

The morning weather in Lake Tekapo is pretty awesome
The view is mesmerising and the sun rise is matching the scenery
Best match ever.

The cars outside our hostel was covered with ice flakes as last night temperature was minus 4 degree celsius, and the ground was so slippery as even the road also covered with ice flakes.

Morning view outside from our YHA hostel in Lake Tekapo
Look at the road, it was freezed and formed ice flakes too.

Taking picture with our YHA signboard before heading to Mt Cook.

We visited the Church of Good of Shepherd again before we leave
since we can't take any nice picture the day before as we were freezing in cold
and we did not wear sufficient of inner wears yesterday
so today we came again and we wore thicker this time haha

From Lake Tekapo to Mt cook need around 1 hour of driving journey
and along the road,
I believe the certain area was at higher altitude,
that's why the trees and grass was freezed in white color !

We reached Lake Pukaki before we reach Mt Cook,
and we can't see the lake at all as the fog was terribly huge that day,
we can't even see the quarter part of the lake at all
and if someone run into the fog , 
I think that someone don't even know it was a cliff and will fall into the lake.
sounds dangerous but is a fact.

No doubt that the bushes and the flowers were frozen into ice 
awww
What a new thing for me to see. 
The frozen bushes look pretty, don't u agree?



When reaching Mt Cook, the view became clear again
and the mountains were surrounding us when we drove along the road.
U definitely cant see this view in Asia country

The trees, the color of the trees, the mountains
all only can be seen in western country I guess



Seriously, Mt Cook has 2 different area 
Franz Joseph is another way which need 5 hours to reach but still called to be inside Mt Cook Area
The main issue is just because separated by the mountains,
that's why we can't passed through to another side of the Mt Cook

Before you reach here, make sure you buy sufficient of food or else you will get starved
or you have to buy the food with limited choice.
Thank god our YHA stay sells limited choice of groceries which available for us to cook rice for dinner else we have no idea what we gonna eat for our dinner that night.

The map of MT COOK,
you can find that there are many mountains for us to trek on
depends how many hours you want 

The Mt Cook Village Map
is a super small village which full of hostels and hotels
Remember to buy your groceries before you come here.

Our YHA Hostel Kitchen

Our lunch that day - MAGGI MEE
XD
We never expect Mt Cook don't have grocery shop or supermarket
so we din buy much grocery before we came.
Thank god we have Maggi mee.

Everywhere surrounding us was the white mountains,
the most sweet thing is, once you open your eyes early in the morning
you look through the window from your room,
and you JUST CAN SEE THE HUGE AND WHITE MOUNTAINS
I was like I m the most lucky girl in the world.
Asians like to take picture with the snow,
I don't know why,
even myself also did that hahahaa



There are so many types of bush walk in Mt Cook for you to have a short trek
We choose the shortest time of bush walk, which take 20 mins only

10 mins after , we reached another side of the entrance 
and we saw this significant of view
trust me
you will just scream at the mountains WOW 
THAT'S INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL

I felt proud of myself by taking this picture 
Look at my mom 
I told her to pose like this XD

Girls picture with my family <3 p="">

By the way, you might curious about how I m going to settle for our dinner
well let me tell you before I called an end of this post of Day 5 in NZ

We thank god that YHA did sell rice, eggs and canned beans
the rice is sell by per cup
so u not need worry that you can't finish it for the following days
My family bought salmon at Lake Pukaki there
Lake Pukaki did sell fresh salmon with cheap price
so they have their dinner with beans and salmon
while I had my egg and beans as well
that's how we settle our dinner in minus 2 degree celsius of that night

YHA is quite awesome to stay
especially when you saw a bunch of people who don't know each other sat
at the living room and they talked together
one of them playing guitar and sang a song,
the scenario was so warm and lovely you know
That's what I love most in western country

Okay,
I think that's all for my Day 5 Post,
still got 6 post to go
Please stay tuned yo ~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me something before u leave.

Koh Lipe 4d3n Itinerary 2018

Hola, I am back after have been busying with works for almost 4 months. Gonna update my blog with my Koh Lipe 4d3n trip as well. I went to ...